Guests at our bed and breakfast in Louisiana can enjoy exploring the quaint southern town of Rayne, LA. Rayne is known as the Frog Capital of the World and the City of Murals.
Monsieur Jacques, pictured below, welcomes everyone coming into the community. He represents the Jacques Weil Company, which many years ago exported frog legs to restaurants all over the world.
There are many murals throughout the community to enjoy, as you walk through the quaint streets. Check out these local fixtures during a romantic Cajun Country getaway to Maison d’Memoire Bed and Breakfast Cottages.
1. The Jacques Weil Company exported frog legs in the Old Depot Square which features a mural by artist Robert Dafford.
2. Another town staple is Worthmore’s 5&10 Store, which operated for over 80 years before closing its doors in February 2020.
3. St. Joseph’s Cemetery is listed in Ripley’s Believe it or Not as the only U.S. cemetery facing north-south. This unique cemetery lies contrary to the east-west tradition after the construction crew failed to realize their mistake when transporting the graves five miles north as the town moved closer to the railroad.
4. Dafford is also responsible for this beautiful frog mural found along a downtown street.
5. Rayne’s Depot Square is located in the heart of the community and is used for many local functions.
Experience the unique history of this small southern town while visiting our Louisiana cottages! Located two miles outside of town, our four charming cottages offer a private and romantic getaway complete with comfortable beds, full kitchens, private verandas overlooking the lake, outdoor fire pits, and a delicious breakfast delivered right to your door each morning.Book Now