Planning for a getaway should be nothing but fun. Instead of stressing over your itinerary, leave the work to us! Everything you need to know about the best way to experience the Americana Music Triangle, the world-famous music destination, in Lafayette, LA is here. We’ve included where to stay, where to eat, and what to do. Our four-day itinerary should be on every music, food, and relaxation lover’s bucket list! Read on to be guided to the best of the best. Enjoy!
Day One – Arrive & Settle In
- Arrive at our charming Louisiana bed and breakfast and settle into your cottage.
- Unwind from your travels with an ice cold glass of lemonade on the porch.
- Treat yourselves to a romantic date night out at D.I.’s Cajun Restaurant in Basile (closed Sunday and Monday), featuring true Cajun dishes and entertainment on these evenings. When you visit Rayne, plan to listen to some spectacular local talent! (Try the crawfish étouffée and homemade onion rings too!)
- When you return to your home away from home, take a luxurious bath or have a glass of chilled wine outside as you listen to the cicadas. It doesn’t get more peaceful than this.
Day Two – Relax, Eat & Dance
- Wake up in your cottage after a restful night of peaceful dreaming.
- Your innkeeper Lyn will deliver a full, fresh breakfast to your cottage and you can savor inside in your private cottage or outside in the early morning sunshine.
- Enjoy a one-hour Swedish couples massage and let your stresses melt away.
- Then head out to the Blue Moon Saloon, a honkey-tonk-style club, to experience Cajun Jam and zydeco music. It’ll be a unique night you couldn’t experience anywhere else.
Day Three – Get Lost in History & Culture
- After enjoying your breakfast, head out for a day of exploring the area’s rich history and culture, including its famous music scene at the Cajun Music Hall of Fame & Museum in Eunice, Open Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm.
- When you’ve managed to pull yourself away from the Hall of Fame, finish the day with a bite to eat at a local gem like C’est Bon or Prejean’s Restaurants. (Prejean’s Restaurant is open daily and offers nightly entertainment – don’t miss out!)
- Head back to your cottage and enjoy your last night at our serene, southern haven.
Day Four – Enjoy a Cajun Country Lunch & Travel Home
- Enjoy one last mouth-watering breakfast and a strong cup of coffee before you hit the road to head back home.
- Check out of your cottage at 11:00am.
- Before you leave, get one last taste of Cajun Country with lunch at The French Press located in downtown Lafayette!
- Have a safe trip home – we hope to welcome you back to Maison D’Memoire soon!
Want Even More?
If you have more time to discover this culturally rich corner of the South, then continue on with stops in Natchez and New Orleans to complete the Americana Music Triangle. We have recommendations for these places too!
Take the first step toward the relaxing getaway you’ve been dreaming of by booking one of our charming Cajun Country cottages!Book Now