Summer is almost here! As spring gives way to warmer temperatures and the days grow longer, it’s time to get out and have some fun in the sun! Maison D’Memoire in Rayne, Louisiana is the perfect place to stay and experience all that Cajun Country has to offer. From great restaurants and lookout spots, to tours and sightseeing, there is much fun to be had. Check out our top exceptional summer activities!
1. Relax & Unwind in a Cozy Cottage
Join us at our top rated romantic and cozy Louisiana bed and breakfast; your home away from home. We have all the amenities you need for a wonderful stay. We offer 4 lovely cottages that have full kitchens. Select cottages offer a two-person Jacuzzi tub. Sit outside on the porch and enjoy the fresh air while sipping on a delicious glass of lemonade. There’s no better way to end a day watching the sunset among the swaying trees.
2. Indulge in Our Delicious Breakfasts
Start your day off right with our delicious breakfasts. Made fresh every morning and delivered to your cottage, you can look forward to a diverse arrangement of fruit, pastries, and delectable main courses like our egg quiche. Enjoy a home-cooked breakfast from the privacy of cottage before you venture out for your day of fun.
3. Enjoy Southern Food at its Finest
A trip to Louisiana would not be complete without trying some of best locally owned restaurants. These hidden gems should be on everyone’s bucket list.
- Chef Roy’s Frog City Cafe – If you’re looking for delicious cuisine Chef Roy’s is only a mile away away from Maison! Serving up local specials and unique dishes like nowhere else, there’s a little something for everyone. Experience food with a personal touch and intimate atmosphere with head chef Benoit Morel at this one of a kind Rayne establishment.
- Fezzo’s Seafood, Steakhouse and Oyster Bar – located 13 minutes away in Scott, Louisiana with another location nearby in Crowley, this top rated restaurant offers many Southern delicacies with a diverse menu. Fezzo’s has something for everyone! Belly up to the bar or in the dining room and enjoy a dinner you won’t soon forget.
4. Explore With an Unforgettable Swamp Tour
One of the most famous landmarks in Louisiana are the signature swamps. Embark on an adventure and explore the swampland with Cajun Country Swamp Tours! Run by a father son duo, they pride themselves on providing as little environmental impact as possible. Their guests will enjoy the cypress/tupelo swamp, the historic Bayou Teche and the unforgettable town of Breaux Bridge.
- Ancient Cypress Trees
- Egrets and More!
5. Enjoy Stargazing On Our Grounds
It’s often the little things in life that bring the most joy. There is nothing more rewarding than venturing onto your own porch at night when the temperatures drop and the romance heats up. Guests love relaxing, sipping a cold beverage, and gazing at the stars with their loved ones. This makes for the perfect end to a perfect day.
6. Tantalize Your Taste Buds with a Cajun Food Tour
The local cuisine of Louisiana is simply phenomenal. Embark on a Cajun Food Tour! This fun activity offers an authentic Cajun experience which also exposes you to Creole culture. All food is included with the cost of the 3 hour tour and you will enjoy tastings at five different hidden gem locations. Cajun Food Tours now offers a NEW full day Cajun Experience Tour. Don’t miss out on the fun, book a tour today.
Join us in Cajun Country for an incredible Louisiana summer getaway.Book Now